Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Monday 25 November 2013

Body Confidence


Today I was thinking about what I wanted to write about, so I thought about why I am really doing this. I have always loved fashion and clothes and beauty, as well as writing, but I also want to help encourage others not to be scared.




I have grown up, like nearly all girls these days, feeling body conscious and regularly uncomfortable with my own shape and size. The stupid idea that you have to be thin and perfect to look and feel good is utter nonsense. Because of over edited photos and employing super thin and tall models, girls grow up looking at the ‘ideal’ woman everywhere you look- from magazine adverts to TV programs.

When you look in the mirror what do you think? I know I normally have a second moment of- ‘oh that top looks nice’. But then I am hit with the hideous thought of actually know- ‘your tummy looks big and your arms and thighs look chubby. Why can’t I just be thinner and not have to worry about this?’. I know I feel this regularly, normally once or twice a week at least.

I am not thin, it is something I know and live with. But I do eat healthily, with lots of fruit and vegetables in my diet, and I also try and keep reasonably exercised. I know that I’m not thin, but that doesn’t mean I can’t look nice or be fashionable. I just think its stupid because everyone is beautiful, no matter what shape or size, and also clothes can create a different shape so why does being thin have to matter?

I understand that being ‘fat’ or ‘obese’ is often unhealthy and can be health threatening, which is something I am not recommending because that is a bad thing, but feeling good is an amazing feeling that no-one should be deprived of.


All I want to say is that your size does not define you; you are free to wear what you want and change what you want. Everyone has good bits and bad bits; which you can enhance and love, as well as hide if you want. Just because someone else thinks you may look ‘ugly’ or ‘fat’ shouldn’t have an effect on you, you are who you are and you can be whoever you want/ desire to be.


Sorry it was a bit of a rant but it is something I really feel passionate about. Please share your views below. Love life, live on x