Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Monday 18 November 2013

Style Studies- Children in Need Rocks 2013


Hey there,


Last week there was a concert called ‘Children in Need Rocks’ which is held to raise money for Children in Need. Children in Need is a major UK charity that helps disadvantaged and ill children all around the UK. Each year an event is held on TV where celebrities raise money in a variety of ways- this includes music singles, comedy sketches and crazy dancing. Children in Need raises millions of pounds each year, this year it was a record breaking £31,124,896.



Children in Need rocks, was held the days before the TV event, where many starts and celebrities performed. Today I am reviewing some of the fashion looks from that night, for a few of the acts.


Little Mix performed quite early on in the concert. The sang a variety of their songs, which all sounded amazing. As always the girls, Perrie, Jade, Jessie and Leanne, all looked stunning, but I though Perrie looked especially beautiful.

Perrie wore a pair of statement monochrome box patterened trousers, with a tye belt. She also wore a plain short sleeved black crop top and accesorised with a gold circle necklace and black combat boots. Her beautiful hair was worn in a middle height pony tail and her make up was quite natural but her eyes looked amazing! I love how the trousers bellow out at the hips, giving her an extenuated waiste. I also like how the circle neckline is enhaunsted by the circular gold chain, which I think makes her neck and shoulders look longer and more elegant.

I think Perrie’s look could be recreated with a simple black crop top and a pair of statement trousers- they don’t even have to be a black and white colour scheme, to be recreating a super cute look that’s bang on trend.


The next person I’m looking at is Nicole Scherzinger. Nichole sang with Tom Odell wearing a gorgeous jumpsuit. Her jumpsuit was black with gold details which were mainly gold chains. Her neckline was low but flattering and the cut outs on her stomach made her body look fabulous! Nicole always has a glamorous look, especially with the beautiful black heels and gold jewellery. Her flawless make up had a darker look, nearly smoky eye on her eyelids, with long lashes and dark brows. Nicole’s luscious long hair was worn in loose curls, which looked absolutely amazing.

I would struggle in recreating this look, as the jumpsuit is really want makes the outfit. But it could be achieved with a beautiful black jumpsuit and simple black and gold accessories.


The last look is Ellie Guiding. On the night Ellie wore black latex trousers/ leggings, combat- type boots and a statement top with one phrase, ‘courage’. I think this t-shirt was appropriate because Children in Need is all about helping and encouraging children, thins includes giving them confidence and courage. I think her top had a great message but I didn’t really like the look of the outfit as it wasn’t very figure flattering. But Ellie seemed happy with her look and really that’s all that matters. Her pretty hair was worn down, natural. Her make up was also natural, with a pink/nude colour on her lips. In the image I have she is also holding one of this years Pudsey Bears.

This look is quite easy to recreate, all you need is some black leggings any statement tops, even a ‘geek’ or ‘nerd’ top that were in style early on in the year would do. You could finish of the look by coping Ellie’s black boots and a cute Pudsey Bear too!


Overall I really loved how a lot of the celebrities looked this year and I thought it was amazing of them to help raise money for such an influential charity.


Guys I'm really sorry that these arn't actually my photos. If you enjoyed this type of post please let me know in the comments bellow, I would really like to hear your views. I hope you enjoyed this post, have a lovely week x