Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Sunday 13 April 2014

Book review: Divergent by Veronica Roth

Divergent. Best. Book. Ever.

So I know this is the second book review of the month, but it seemed right to put it up as I have just finished the book and there are some great deals on it and the movie is out!




So in this Easter holiday break, I went to see Divergent in the cinema (twice) and loved it. The storyline was so brilliantly shown and the characters wonderfully cast-ed. After seeing the film I had to read the novel. ‘Divergent’ by Veronica Roth is the best book I have ever read. The first book of the Divergent series and a ‘New York Times Bestseller’, this book is currently very popular. I am sad that I have not discovered the novel before, however I am happy as long as I read it.

Divergent is the story of a sixteen year old girl, named Tris that lives in a society that is divided into groups. She has to pick one and it will decide her entire life. You may think this choice is enough but it still isn’t that easy for her. Tris doesn’t fit.

The book takes you through the story of her decision. Where she is both alone and surrounded by friends, including a boy that seems to protect her and scare her. Twists and turns are in every page. Some parts are incredibly sad (although I didn’t cry), some romantic and sweet, others are slightly gory (like the Hunger Games) but overall this book makes your heart beat at 100 mph!

I loved this book so much. The characters are unique and are still relatable, and Veronice Roth’s style is everything you want from a writer. She is a genius.
When reading I had to literally force myself to put this book down, even though it’s a sizable 487 pages long. Chapters passed in seconds, on one day I even managed to read 200 pages even though I was trying not to!
This story touched me in a way, like when I read my first proper novel (‘Twilight’ when I was 11) and it is so unforgettable.
I recommend this novel more than any other, to any age of gender. The film isn’t exact to the novel, like always, but it still does the book justice (although if you like the movie, READ THE BOOK). I am going to read the rest of the series now, following Divergent with Insurgent. I give this book 10/10.
I have also got a Goodreads account if you want to follow: https://www.goodreads.com/friend/i?i=LTM1OTg2MDgxNTc6Mzgw


Thanks so much, please leave your thoughts below,



No comments:

Post a Comment