Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Wednesday 13 August 2014

Tag || The Seven Deadly Sins of Makeup


So this is going to be a tag post. I really enjoyed making my own tag with Glitter Melody this summer, and I like how the questions really let you know more about me. This is going to be the ‘seven deadly sins of makeup’ tag. I wasn’t tagged in it but I’ve read blog posts and Youtube videos on this tag and have loved them- so I thought it was time to answer the questions myself.



Greed: What’s your most expensive beauty item?

So I am already stuck, and it’s question one! As you’d know if you’ve read my blog I’m a drugstore make up gall, so my collection has now hugely expensive items. I am just a teenager, so I don’t have too much to spend on makeup. I would say that my most expensive item is my ‘they’re real’ mascara from Benefit, however this was given to me and is only the travel size. I would really like the full size though as this mascara is incredible in making my lashes bold and curled.


Wrath: What item do you have a love/hate relationship with?

My ‘Dream Pure BB cream’ from Maybelline. I sometimes love how this light coverage looks, and think it gives my skin a soft and flawless appearance. However some days I feel the colour doesn’t match and it looks like I’ve caked on makeup. Sadly I have been neglecting using this product too much anymore, and as my skin is good, I have only been using concealer for skin makeup.


Gluttony: What brand takes up most of your collection?

In my makeup collection, my mostly used/ bought brand is Rimmel London. I actually has to think quite hard about this because I don’t really notice what brands I buy a lot from. When makeup shopping I like to try different brands and different price ranges, I normally focus on the product more than the name on the bottle. Rimmel is great for a good range of products, great quality and affordable prices. Some products I have include: Stay Matt powder, Kate Moss lipstick and the Hide the Blemish concealer. My follow up brand would be Maybelline.


Sloth: What product do you neglect the most due to laziness?

I would say the step that I would do, but neglect due to my laziness, is eyeshadow. If I even bother with eyeshadow, I mostly will put on a single neutral shade all over the lid. The only time I bother with eyeshadow is if I am going out somewhere special. I love the look of some people’s daily eyeshadow but it takes too long for me to blend in the shadows. So I skip it.


Pride: What product gives you the most confidence?

Eyeliner. I have been using eyeliner for about a year, and it was defiantly what started my love for makeup. I think having some eyeliner on my lids really make me feel me. I like a small flick, unless I’m trying out a different look, and normally stick to either felt tip liner or liquid liner. I always feel more beautiful and don’t feel self-conscious, like I can with some makeup products like bright lipsticks.  The only time I don’t like to wear it in my makeup look is school, as my school has make up rules and I feel too made up for school.


Lust: Which item is top of your beauty wish list?

So this isn’t probably what you’d expect from a beauty question but actually it is make up brushes. Brushes are key to creating good make up and I think before I buy too many pricy items, I need some essentials like brilliant brushes. I would really like to try the ‘Real Techniques’ brushes.


Envy: Which makeup product/look is great on others but not on you?

I would say this is brows. I have quite large brows, naturally, and they are also quite dark. I have tried, and failed, to fill in my brows or fill in the sparse parts. I also think, due to my age, this make up technique wouldn’t suit me- a lot like my current views on contouring my face.


And that’s all the questions. I would love to hear your answers, so comment them down below or post the on your blogs and link them in the comments! I also tag Hannah (Glitter Melody) to do this on her Youtube channel- which I have been loving! Check her out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh05apA4x5wzKe31DxTRrxg 
Thanks everyone,


No comments:

Post a Comment