Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Wednesday 3 September 2014

August Favourites



So this post is going to be my august favourites. August was such a big months for me; I did so much and had such a great summer. These are just a few products that I loved.


So first is my Ultimelt. I bought this to really give me a push into doing skincare and I loved this product. The Ultimelt hot cloth cleanser from Soap&Glory, is such a luxurious item and feels like it’s high end, even though it’s still a drugstore price. It’s £10, but there are always a lot of Soap&Glory offers on in boots so you can easily get it cheaper. Link: http://www.boots.com/en/Soap-Glory%E2%84%A2-The-Ultimelt%E2%84%A2-Deep-Purifying-Hot-Cloth-Cleanser_1364162/


The next item is the new concealer I bought. After a slightly disappointing one from Rimmel, I was keen to find one that would be good. I looked online and decided there were two I wanted to give a go: the Rimmel wake me up concealer and the Collection lasting perfection concealer. In the end I bought the collection on and I really like it. It gives good coverage and, in the summer, it gives me all I need on my skin. Again it’s so cheap as it’s from the drugstore, and comes in a few shades. It’s £4.19, http://www.boots.com/en/Collection-Lasting-Perfection-Concealer_1436032/


The third product is a nail polish. The summer offered me a chance to try out a few new brands and colours, and I really loved this. The trend of white nail polish never appealed to me, but one day I was in boots and I decided to give it a go. And I love it. It looks so grown up and stylish, as well as the fact that it matches everything. I love it for nights out and in the day, and I will definatly be wearing it over the end of summer and beginning of autumn. The brand I used was the Rimmel Rita Ora 60 second polish. One thing I would say is that it is quick but it needs at least 2 coats. It’s also very cheap at just £3.69. Link: http://www.boots.com/en/Rimmel-60-Seconds-Rita-Ora-Nail-Polish_1450794/


A fashion favourite for me over the summer has been my denim jacket. For those colder evenings or chilly days, my denim jacket has been perfect. It matches my style and goes well with everything. Mine is a handy down, but I would defiantly recommend investing on one is you feel you are missing a layer. They are available in so many places and at many different prices.

A song I have been loving is Stolen Dance by Milky Chance. I don’t know why I like this, it isn’t my normal music taste but it makes me feel summery. This has been one of the songs that made my 2014 summer playlist, I would defiantly recommend giving it a listen to.

Another favourite of mine is peanut M&Ms. I recently went to London and re-discovered my addiction to these. I don’t really like peanuts or peanut butter but these are AMAZING! You can find them in normal supermarkets and I think they are quite cheap, so if you have a sweet tooth you might love these too!

The next thing I’ve loved is a hairstyle. I have always liked plaits but this month I seem to have worn them more. I learnt how to do a Dutch plait this month, and also mastered a French plait. I’ve worn fishtail plaits, and normal braids, and have just enjoyed having my hair out of my face but not up in a pony or pigtails.

Activity of the month: Camping. This month I went on two camping events. A four day family camp in Brixham, see travel diary: http://mydaisychaincloset.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/my-travel-diary-brixham-devon.html , and a weeklong guide camp. I would defiantly recommend camping if you’ve never been before, it’s great fun, a little messy but a real laugh.

The final favourite for me is my photo editing. Hopefully you've noticed that my title images, for my posts, have changed and I made them look a little bit more professional and interesting- I'd love to hear what you think so please let me know and compliments or criticisms. 


So that’s all, I hope you enjoyed this and I’d love to know what your favourites have been, please comment down below. I hope you’re all enjoying back to school, have a great day, 


No comments:

Post a Comment