Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Sunday 19 October 2014

Book Review: Heaven by Christoph Marzi



Hey,

So this post is going to be my monthly book review. Normally I read books that I’ve never read before, but in September, I decided to re-read my favourite book. I have now read this book about three times, and it is still one of my favourites.

‘Heaven’ by Christoph Marzi is an ‘urban fantasy’ and is unlike any other book I’ve read. It isn’t like some cheesy vampire novel, but themed around an alternative world where anything can happen. This novel is where ‘love, death and stars collide’, an unusual mixture of themes that work so well!
The blurb of this book is so intriguing and is what persuaded me to buy the book in the first place.

‘The night that Heaven lost her heart was cold and moonless. But the blade that sliced it out was warm with her dark blood’

The story of this book revolves around two main characters, Heaven and David. When they meet, it is just a coincidence but what enfolds is something neither is prepared for. Together they face fear and challenges that will change them forever, as well as a man who has the power to tear their worlds apart.

Marzi is my favourite writer, and is one of the best I’ve ever read. His writing is compelling and each page is filled with description and plot that blows your mind! Even though I’ve read it before, the plot still surprises me and the ending works so well.

I would recommend this book so much! It would be great for boys or girls, and has an age range of about 10-30+. I can’t explain how much I love this book and this story, it’s a 5/5 novel and hold a world full of action, romance and magic. If you want something to read, please give this book a go and let me know your thoughts!


Thanks so much for reading this, I hope you all have an incredible day,

1 comment: