Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Tuesday 2 December 2014

All About That Base Makeup | Blogmas Day 2


Hey,
Happy Blogmas day 2 everyone! So today I’m going to be doing a grouped review of some foundations/ base makeup products. I am rating four different bases, which I have tested over a few months. I hope you enjoy the post and let me know if you’ve tried any of these!

So the first one is the ‘Dream Pure BB Cream’ from Maybelline. This product is meant to be a lighter weight base, a good choice for day-to-day wear and those warmer days. I bought this product for summer this year but I wasn’t convinced. The first thing I found was that the BB crème’s colour range was rubbish. If I remember rightly, there were only two colour choices- which is obviously disappointing because the shade never quite suits your skin. I also found that the BB crème smelt odd, and wasn’t a nice consistency to put on your face. Although the coverage is thinner, I would prefer to wear just concealer than this. Great price (£6.99) but sub-standard product. I give it just 6/10.

The next product is Rimmel London’s ‘Wake Me Up’ foundation. I bought this recently because of the good reviews this product always seems to get online. And, I was impressed! I learnt, very quickly, that with this product- and many other foundation and bases- that a little goes a long way. The Wake Me Up foundation has a glow-y look, and if you’re looking for a matte product- this is NOT for you. There are quite a lot of shade choices, which is great, and it is still very affordable. I love this product at the moment, so it deserves a 9/10.

The third product is the Maybelline ‘Dream Matte Mousse’. This product is special to me because it was one of the very first makeup items I had. The mouse is a thick formation that can be used as an all over the face product or to target areas like a concealer. If I used this now, I would probably not like it because the consistency is quite odd. I think this is great for beginners because it’s so easy to use. It can be applied with hands or with a brush, and comes with a HUGE amount of shade choices. It is again quite cheap(£7.69), so for beginners I give this a 7/10.

The last product is the Collection ‘Lasting Perfection’ foundation. I think I forgot about how much I like this product. It includes a SPF and is such a nice consistency. This is smooth, and again a small amount goes a long way. It is a matte base, and is great for any makeup user. I would recommend this for all year wear because you can layer it up of just use a small amount. There are six shades, but the colour range isn’t that great. The best thing about this is the price as it’s just £5.99! So I give this a 9/10.

So that’s all the products today! These are just my opinions, so please remember these products may work differently for you, especially if you have a different skin type. I hope you liked them, and please let me know what your favourite bases are! I hope you have an amazing day,


Social networking-





*I do not own the lyrics used in the blog post title.  

No comments:

Post a Comment