Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Tuesday 23 December 2014

Stained Glass Window Star Biscuits | Blogmas Day 23


Hey,
So today’s post is going to be a recipe that lets you make these tasty festive stained glass window star biscuits. The biscuits are so cute to make and would be perfect for a gift or just a winter treat. I also love how they look festive but are an alternative to the usual traditional recipes.
One this I would say is that they are definitely a required taste and are not like a usual biscuit or cake because the sweet center adds a fruity sugary flavour. 

To make these biscuits, you will need:
·         90g of butter softened
·         100g Unrefined golden caster sugar but I ran out so used a mixture of granulated and caster sugar
·         1Egg (free range)
·         1tspVanilla extract
·         200gPlain white flour
·         ½tspBaking powder
·         ½tspSalt
·         Boiled sweets
·         75g White Chocolate


1.       Mix together the flour, salt and baking powder in a small bowl. Set this aside.
2.       In another larger bowl, cream the butter and the sugar together.
3.       Add the egg and vanilla extract to the creamed butter and sugar.
4.       Now mix in the dry ingreiants, from small bowl, into the larger bowl mixture. Slowly add until a dough is made.
5.       Wrap the dough in cling film and chill in the fridge for one hour.


6.       After one hour, heat the oven to 170.C and flour the surfaces. I found that I had to pat quite a lot more of plain flour so that the dough was dry enough to roll.
7.       Now chose how you will make the biscuit shape. I used cutters I already had, but you could always print off some images of the internet.


8.       I rolled out the dough into the thickness I wanted and then I cut out the shapes I needed. Then I used a smaller cutter to create the star shape inside them. Then I repeated until all of the dough was used. This made about 20-30 biscuits.
9.       Place the biscuits onto a buttered piece of baking paper, on a baking tray. It is important that you butter the paper so the sweets don’t stick when they melt.
10.   Bake in the oven for 8-12 minutes until the sweets have melted.
11.   Let the biscuits cool and then put them in an air tight tin/ box. I used an old celebrations box.
12.   Now you must make the icing decoration. I used melted white chocolate but you could always use plain icing.


13.   To melt the white chocolate, chop it up into small pieces.
14.   Then I boil the kettle, and put a small amount into a saucepan. This method of melting chocolate is called a bain-marie.
15.   Put the small pieces of chocolate into a bowl that will balance on top of the saucepan but the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl. Then stir the melting chocolate with a wooden spoon.
16.   When all the chocolate has melted, I take it and put it into a piping bag. If you do not have a piping bag then you could try using a knife or a homemade piping bag- there are lots of tutorials for this on youtube.
17.   Now is the part for getting creative. Take your piping bag of chocolate and creat whatever shapes you want.
18.   Place to chill in the fridge so the chocolate can set. This will take only 10 minutes.


Done! These adorable biscuits are perfect for making with the family or just as a gift. If you make them let me know down below, I hope you all have a super Christmas-y Christmas Eve Eve, have a great day, 

Social networking-

1 comment: