Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Wednesday 28 January 2015

January Favourites

Hey,
So the month of January is coming to an end and, as I haven’t done one in a while, I decided to do a monthly favourites. I’m considering making seasonal favourites instead of monthly posts because I don’t normally have a completely new set of things to talk about every month, please tell me what you think about this in the comments.


So January has been a pretty good start to 2015 I think. I haven’t done too many big exciting things, but I’ve had a lot of nice friend and family time. It has been a great month for new things and I’ve had a lot of products I received for Christmas that I’ve been testing out.

So the first product is one I mentioned in one of my posts this month. The Body Shop Honeymania Bubble Bath Melt is a lovely bath product. This bubble bath is scented with the beautiful sweet fragrance of honey, but it is also great at making bubbles in the bath. I feel like the product feels quite natural in the bath and also more grown up than a lot of other bubble baths.


My second favourite is the Tangle Teezer. I have crazy thick curly hair and I find brushing my hair not only a pain but a frizz-making process. I’d seen so much hype about the Tangle Teezer before but I just thought it was like a horse brush!! However it is NOT. I love this brush. It is slightly pricier than your average hairbrush but the tiny blades of the brush smooth and glide through wonderfully.

Thirdly is a product I have talked about a bit before. I love the Body Shop Lip butters and I got loads of new flavours for Christmas, which means I was introduced to the Shea butter one. It’s so moisturising and soft on the lips, and tastes great. I actually prefer this to my coconut one and I’m sure I’ll be loving it for a lot longer.


Next is another product I’ve already mentioned in blog posts this month which is my Soap&Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in the shade Replumzel. It’s a lovely glossy dark berry shade, but as it is sheer it works greats if you want a subtle look. For more details check out this post where I reviewed all of the shades I have!

Now my fifth product is one that I’m not sure I have spoken about much before. I went through a stage where I was obsessed with the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer, but lately I’ve found it doesn’t match my skin colour too well and is a bit pink-y. Therefore, this month I’ve switched it up with the Wake Me Up concealer from Rimmel. It’s a well-loved product on blogs and Youtube and has been for a while, but for me I’ve only just started getting into it. It’s one of my lesser coverage concealers and I’m loving it for the season at the moment. I use it under my eyes and on spots/blemishes, so for me it works for all areas. However, it is quite dewy and shiny so it may not be everyone’s up of tea.


Another makeup item for number six of my favourites, and it is one that I’ve used most days of this month. The MUA white eyeliner is one that I used on the waterline of my eyes to open them up. I love this technique at the moment and I think I’ll do a more in-depth post on my current eye look in February.

My seventh favourite is my diary ad diary writing. I just find it so therapeutic to write down the day’s events, planning out my month and reviewing the last days. My diary is also my current obsession because it is simple but beautiful- with tabs and weekly+monthly pages! It's from Paperchase and is still available, if you were wondering!


My eighth favourite of January is my phone case. I have an iphone4 and because of the newer iphones, finding cute and good, long-lasting phone cases is so hard. I love having one phone case that last for ages, and my last one was from Urban Outfitters and lasted a year. However by December it was being held together with tape, so I was so pleased when I received this one from Joules as a Christmas present. It’s totally me, as I love ALL things floral, and the case is make of a really good quality plastic.

If you haven’t already read my post that was all about my Chelsea boots, then check it out here, because my Chelsea boots are another of my favourites. I have been wearing these non-stop and they are in every one of my winter outfits. I can dress them up or down, wear them for a walk or shopping, I just love them! Furthermore, because I have been wearing them so much they’ve become so comfortable and suited to the shape of my foot- so now they’re like wearing a pair of slippers.


And finally, my final favourite is a food favourite. For the last few months, my family and I have been eating a little better and I have been trying to eat more fruit and incorporate more foods that are good for my body. One of my absolute favourite meals is my weekday breakfast, where I eat natural yogurt, walnuts and these amazing apricots. I’ve never really been a huge fan of apricots before but these ones from the Waitrose organic range are unlike any others. They are dried apricots and have similar nutritional values as other apricots, but they are a dark colour and are so juicy. If you’re in the UK, CHECK THESE OUT- you never know you may become as obsessed as I am!


So that’s all of the products I have been loving so far in 2015! I think there is a good mixture of items this month but if you have any monthly recommendations or just something you’ve been loving, please let me know in the comments. I hope you’ve had a wonderful day,

Social networking-

No comments:

Post a Comment