Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Sunday 15 February 2015

Makeup Starter Kit

Hey,
Can I just start by saying that I’m sorry I missed the upload of Wednesday but I’ve had a lot of school work at the moment to keep up with. I have also put quite a bit of work and thought into today’s post, so please enjoy!


This Sunday’s post is going to be a post I’ve been planning to do for a few weeks, and one that hope you’ll enjoy. Today’s post is my Makeup Starter Kit recommendations. This post is going to be my top few products which would be perfect for anyone who wants to get into makeup, or just try something new. I wanted to create this collection of products so that beginners can find cheap, affordable items easily, so everything I am talking about is under £10 and available at the drugstore (apart from one).



The first items I want to recommend are skin products. For me, I wish someone had told me about concealer when I first got into makeup. I remember that my Mum bought me some lovely Max Factor makeup items to start me off when I was about 12, and she got me a mascara, some purple eyeshadows and a foundations. I would really not recommend starting with foundation as most people don’t need it, and concealer is a great first step as it covers but isn’t too heavy.
The concealer I am recommending is the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer. I love this concealer as it isn’t too thick but still adds some lovely coverage. It brightens and highlights, and I apply it to any blemishes and under my eyes. The concealer is just £5.49 but only comes in 4 shades, so it’s worth seeing if you can find a good colour match.

The next face product is one that I swear by and have for years and years. The Rimmel Stay Matte powder is my most re-purchased item and I love it. It works wonderfully for matte-ifying the face and setting any makeup you’re wearing. I especially love using this product with a big fluffy brush, and applying it to my T-zone. It is also so kind to your purse at only £3.99!


Now eyeshadow is not really something I love, and I probably would say it’s not necessary for starting out, but if you wanted to try one or two, the Seventeen eyeshadows should be on your list. The brand no longer do the single pots but I’ve been looking online and the trio pots seem like a great alternative. With a three toned set of colours, these affordable shadows are £5.49, compact and give you the freedom to try different looks.

Next I wanted to talk about my favourite mascara that’s under £10. The drugstore do some really good mascaras, and the one I choose is The Falsies mascara from Maybelline. I like this one because it makes your lashes look false, longer and thicker. The one I have is labelled as waterproof but I know that from experience it’s not- so don’t go for this if you’re looking for some under-water coverage. It’s a reasonable price at £7.99, and I think it would work well for someone trying out mascara for the first time!

The last eye product is an eyeliner. Now eyeliner is something that takes time to learn but it was actually one of the first makeup items that I tried. I used to try and line my eyes with a black pencil, but I soon learned that I got much better results from a pen. The one I’ve tried and raved about for beginners is from the PS love range at Primark. At only £1.50 it does save some bucks, but I know that it’s a bit of a cheat as it isn’t from the drugstore! I also want to apologise because I forgot to photograph the eyeliner so I’ve had to use old photos and I hope you won’t mind!


I think most girls recall their first makeup bags to include hot pink sticky lip glosses but if you want to experiment with lip products these are the products I give the thumbs up to.

I used to think lipsticks were for old people or mums, and I couldn’t have been more wrong. The lipstick I want to recommend is from Rimmel’s Kate Moss lipstick range. The range has some really good reviews and the shades range from rosy pinks to pillar box reds, all opaque and creamy. For a starter kit, I would really recommend this lovely ‘your lips but better’ colour as it is natural but adds something lovely to a look. The shade is 08 and the lipsticks cost £5.49!


Now I am recommending a lip butter from Nivea. If you’re new to makeup, then a lip moisturiser or lip butter is a great place to start. It’s not really a makeup item but it is a great way of enhancing your natural lips. The one I love is thick and nourishing, and in the tempting flavour of vanilla & macadamia. You can buy this in drugstores and supermarkets, and it’s an unbelievable £2.25!

The last item is another lip product and it is a balm gloss. I’m sure you’ve heard of Baby Lips, they are tinted lip balms from Maybelline and are just £2.99. The one I have is in the shade ‘Peach Kiss’ and is a lovely peach/ nude colour that I think would be great for newbies creating natural lips. I would also say it would be perfect for school makeup!

The makeup bag in the photos is from Primark and I think was £2.50. The makeup bags from Primark come in a range of shapes, sizes and colours, and also vary in price. A simple zip makeup bag is great for beginners and is really all you need! I love this pig one and think it’s so cute!


So that’s all the product’s I want to talk about. If you’re new to makeup then I hope you’ve been inspired by some of the products I’ve talked about! If you just wanted to check out some new basic makeup items then I hope you liked it too! What is your recommendation for a newbie in makeup? Let me know in the comments and I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend,

Social networking-

2 comments:

  1. Wow! this post was wonderfully written :) keep it up x I am a newbie but I say having a good lip tint would be good

    NEW POST Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wake me up concealer is my absolute best friend! I love love love it. Great post and so lovely to read. Hope you have a lovely week.

    www.kelsabelle.com

    ReplyDelete