Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Friday 31 July 2015

Haul // Summer 2015

Hey everyone. I love clothes and fashion and, subsequently, I get a huge enjoyment for shopping. For the last few months, I’ve bought a few things here and there- but these are mostly things you’ve seen in reviews and outfits. So today, as I went shopping only a few days ago, I thought I’d show you some of my most recent buys! I love hauls (the nosy bit of me I think) so I hope you too enjoy this.
This collection of bits and bobs are a bit mixed up- there’s a bit of clothing, makeup and even a new book! I’ve been on my holiday this year, so I’ve not necessary got things I need to buy… but that won’t stop me!



1.       The first piece I’ve bought is this playsuit I adore! I was a bit hesitant when I found this- for a few reasons- but I’m so, so, so happy that I got it. This dark floral playsuit is from New Look and cost £19.99. When I was in the shop, I really wasn’t sure if this was a good idea. If you haven’t noticed, I have gathered quite a collection of dark floral clothing, but it seems that’s just my ‘thing’. Some people love spots, some stripes… me, I’m addicted to a dark floral print. However this is a bit different, and the accents of pink and yellow add a lovely touch. I have also had playsuits in the past and I never wear them anymore. Yet, I do think playsuits look lush and think the effortless appearance and comfort of them override the negatives. Since buying this, I have loved wearing it. I know England’s summer is less than perfect but we do get those few sunny days that this is perfect for. I love how this looks on me, which I was surprised buy, and feel it’s cute and flattering. Wearing a playsuit is like wearing a dress without needing to worry that the wind will blow the wrong way. With this, a summer outfit is quick and simple to form- but it still looks fab! I think I’ll be doing an outfit post featuring this soon (can you tell how obsessed I am), so be looking out for that!

2.       If you had read this wishlist post, from about a month ago, you’d know that I had been looking for a new makeup bag. Don’t get me wrong, I did need a new one… I just fancied something new. In my mind, I really wanted one with a boxier shape as pouch ones are sometime impractical. In that post, I showed a black lace one from River Island- but when I saw it in the shop it was far smaller and less pretty than I’d wanted. So I decided to let it go. However one of my friends before had this Primark makeup bag in a neon orange, and although I’m not an in-your-face colours lover, I liked the shape and size. I searched the web for a black crochet option, but there was nothing. All I could do was hope Primark had the same one as the orange in black. They did not, but they had a white one! Yes, it wasn’t quite what I’d wanted, but it was close enough! At just £3, it saved me a bit of cash and its size is far better!

3.       I love fairy lights. I know it may be quite common now and ‘tumblr’ to have fairy lights in your room but I just love how they look. I always cloak my room in them at Christmas, and have some cute Next metal heart ones on my desk, but I wanted some more to put on my makeup-y bit of my room. I’m not sure quite where I’ll put them, but as they were just £2.50 in Primark, I thought why not? Even if I don’t use them now, by winter they’ll be put to use!

4.       Forth is a book. I’m currently nearing the end of my July book, and as I aim to read a book a month, I realised that it was time for a new book. I looked on Amazon for a bit, but there really isn’t anything like a bookshop. So the other day, on my trip back from Primark, I popped in and got this. I don’t know much about ‘We All Looked Up’ but the blurb was interesting and something a bit different. I’ll be reading it next month, if all goes to plan, so look out for a review in the next few weeks. It was just £7.99 in Waterstones, and I have high hopes that it will be a great read.

5.       Oh Collection, how difficult it is to find your Lasting Perfection concealer in the lightest shade! For a while now, I have been mixing concealer shades and types to try and find an equivalent to this. Finally I found a shop with the shade ‘Fair’ in stock, so I grabbed it off the shelf. The Collection concealer is probably my favourite, so I am happy to have this back in my makeup bag. When I went to buy this, in Lloyds Pharmacy of all places, it went through as just £2.50. I didn’t realise but it must have been on offer or something, so I did what any concealer-deprived girl would do- I stocked up and bought to for £5! I think this normally sells for £4.20ish, so I was very chuffed with my bargain!

6.       I have never tried a makeup sponge, and have been looking to try this from the Primark PS Love range for a while but never found it in store. I am looking forward to trying this out, and think it will be good for applying concealer and foundation. The egg shape is meant to be really good, and a lot of people rave about them. I didn’t want to spend a lot though, but the Primark version is a lot cheaper than the Beauty Blender (£16) or the Real Techniques offering (£5.99), as it costs just £1.50.

7.       Another well-known fact about me is that I’m a big Disney fan. I don’t generally show it visually, but when I can, I will. A few months ago, I purchased a pair of Bambi PJ shorts, from Primark, and they soon became my favourites. So, on my last trip to Primark, when I saw these matching Minnie Mouse shorts- I couldn’t not! I won’t be wearing these out the house, but they’ll be great for night-time and at only £4, they’re completely worth it. 

8.       Lastly is a pair of shoes. I had no intention to buy a new pair, but I fell in love with these in the shop. This pair of heels are unlike any I own (I only own two pairs, one lace up pair and one boots pair), and I love how sweet they look on. I’ve owned Primark shoes before, and consider them good quality for money, so thought they were reasonable for £10. These shoes are called the ‘Mary Jane’s (apparently to the receipt) and are a simple pair of black shoes with a strap across the ankle. They’re not too high, so I think they won’t be really uncomfortable, but I think they’ll look nice with a dress or a skirt.

So that’s my lot. I am very happy with the things I’ve got and I think there are a good collection of bargains too! What have you bought recently? I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this post and if you have, please leave a comment, much love, 

Find me on...