Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Thursday 16 July 2015

When New Look Does Lipstick...

Hey everyone. When you’re a teenager, the last thing you really want to do is spend loads and loads of money on makeup. For some girls, this is their dream and high-end makeup is their first stop, but for the rest of us, getting a good bargain is always a success. There are lots of options at the drugstore, but now a lot of fashion stores have released their own makeup ranges too. When New Look launched its new beauty section ‘Pure Colour’, I was intrigued… so I thought I’d test out a few products. Therefore, today I am reviewing the New Look lipsticks.



In my local store, there is now a little column of makeup items. Online, the range of colour is few, but in the shop there was quite a lot of colours to choose from. When I bought this, I was searching for a nice nude shade and went for this orangey nude-y shade. The shade was called ‘Apricot’ and I thought it looked a good option when I swatched it. As far as I know, all the New Look lipsticks are the same price, but some are Matte and other aren’t. The one I tried was a matte finish, so I worried about it being drying, however I got the opposite response.

This lipstick is very creamy and moisturising, I think it said something about shea butter too on the packaging, but I can’t find the little box it came in.  I found the shade colour was very pigmented (you can see this in the second image bellow- in the column- where the photo shows half lipstick, half plain lips), which is great for the price you pay.

To get the best result from the lipstick, I apply some lipbalm first, dab the lipstick and rub it in with my finger. You can apply it straight to the lips, but the finish can look cake-y and cheap (last image in the column).


Unlike other brands, such as Topshop makeup, New Look have targeted their prices at a very affordable rate. Products range up to £6.99, but most are under a fiver which in this day and age is incredible. I think the new ‘Pure Colour’ range is great for newbies to makeup as you can get everything you need reasonable cheaply. New Look have also got a large variety of different items, including foundations, blushers and lip pencils.

Overall, the lipstick is okay but you can’t expect too much. The finish and look of this product is noticeable cheaper to a more expensive lippy, but saying that it’s not bad! For the amazing price of £3.99, you get a well-pigmented lipstick that doesn’t dry out your lips, and an amazing range of shades. The packaging looks similar to other lipsticks, not cheap or tacky, and I like the fact they’ve kept everything simple.


I think the Pure Colour range will have a variety of mixed quality items, but I can’t wait to try a few more! If there are any products in particular that you’d like a review of, then please let me know and I’ll take a trip to my local store! Thanks so much for reading, much love, 

Find me on...