Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Sunday 23 August 2015

Summer Favourites


Hey everyone. So here we are, lusting over the last few days of summer. For me, this summer’s been amazing- and I hope it has for you too. It’s been a couple of months since my last favourites in the spring, so I am excited to share my new discoveries and re-discoveries with you all.



Wearing:
The first thing I’ve loved fashion-wise is my playsuit. I chatted about it in a little more detail in this outfit post but I am basically obsessed. I never thought that a playsuit would be my ‘thing’ but I have really enjoyed the look and practicality of them. I am also happy with the darker print of mine, as I think with a pair of tights and a thick cardigan, I can carry on wearing it into autumn.

Second is an item I’ve been throwing on with a lot of outfits as I run out the door. I’ve had denim jackets before, but never really had much use from them. However this summer, I’ve been wearing mine with so many different looks. I was given mine as a handy down, but every denim jacket is pretty similar. They go with dresses, jeans, playsuits… and they offer an alternative to a coat.


Makeup:
A while back, I discussed this Collection Fast Stroke Eyeliner with you all here. Since then, it has become a staple to my everyday look. It may not be as simple as alternatives but the final look also doesn’t compare. Yes, it adds like 2 minutes to my routine- but I can take that!


Reading:
I have actually really enjoyed reading in general this month! I feel like over the last few months, I got stuck in a rut of reading a few books which I didn’t particularly enjoy. As I always push myself to read, I felt like reading was becoming a chore over a hobby. However, this summer in the spare few minutes or hours I have, I’ve been reading… and loving it! Look out for my next book review because the novel I’ve been reading has been really good!
I haven’t really talked about the fact that I read magazines on this blog, but after receiving a subscription last year, I have really enjoyed regularly reading them. The magazine I receive is Look, a fashion magazine with a touch of makeup and celebrity gossip too. Some articles are really good, and I enjoy being able to see the latest things in stores, but I must say I do flit over the celebrity-oriented pages. I enjoy looking through Look when I have a little time, seeing latest trends and fashions.


Lifestyle:
This month, and the last few, I have actually become obsessed with Pinterest. I used to run a blog Pinterest, but I found it to be a bit of a pain balancing my personal one and blog one. So I’ve decided that I’ll just link up my own Pinterest in the link bit at the bottom, so please check it out! I love Pinterest because it lets you imagine a perfect world, and also gives you ideas for so much more. I pin fashion, hair, DIYs, travel, room décor… I’m a tad addicted.


I have also been enjoying skincare this season. Although I feel pamper evenings are normally more suited to winter and autumn, I have actually been making the time to do a little skincare every day. Top picks have included my much loved Garnier miscellar water and now my Soap&Glory No Clogs Allowed mask.


So there is my collection of the best this summer. I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this, and I’d love to hear your summer favourites in the comments. If you’re new, or haven’t already, I’d love if you could subscribe to my bloglovin, pinterest and google+! For now, I hope you all have an amazing week, 

Find me on...