Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Sunday 27 September 2015

Sunday Snapshot #1: Birthday


So I wanted to introduce something into my blogging mix. I love a good old catch up post and I also love doing favourites. So I decdied to start writing a ‘Sunday snapshot’ post every few weeks that basically updates you on what I’ve been doing and loving lately. As this is the first post, I thought it would be good as I’m reflecting on my post-birthday week. So I hope you enjoy reading this and would love some feedback in the comments!

Doing:
So this week has been pretty much just another school week. It’s been filled with lessons and homework, with a biology test thrown in there two. However, as always, some exciting things did happen. You may or may not know that I play netball and the season has just started. This makes me so happy because (1) I love netball and (2) I love having something where I can get active. I also started up at a new school club designing set for the school play. I did it last year, and it was basically a bit of fun and something to do creatively. So I am happily busying my days at the moment, while I have the time to!

Eating:
Food is a very important thing to me, and this week I have especially been loving my birthday chocolate cake. As only half was eaten on my birthday, there has been cake all week and I LOVE IT.
The cake I received was from Patisserie Valerie and is basically an insane chocolaty mousey cake. It really rich but really yummy, and perfect with a cuppa!

Wearing:
As I did quite a bit of shopping over the last few weeks, this week I have been very lucky to be indulging in some new bits. If you read my last post, then you’d know that I wore a lovely new top and new jeans combo on my birthday, which is my first love. Then I have also become obsessed with a new tartan shirt I got from Pull & Bear. It’s a really soft greeny-blue shirt that is long enough to cover your bum and so comfy to wear. I’ve worn it a couple of times already this week, and it is just so comfortable whilst looking really nice and autumnal all at the same time.

Along with this, I have become completely obsessed with a pair of new bed socks I was given for my birthday. Their so soft and snuggly to wear… that I haven’t really stopped wearing them!
Lastly, on my face I have been wearing the foundation I reviewed, in this post, an awful lot. I just like wearing it, it makes my skin look more even and isn’t too thick or heavy. I have also been matching this with my They’re Real mascara that I’ve re-discovered, since I got a new one from my Grandparents.


Loving:
I am extremely and got some amazing pressies on my birthday, which are obviously this week’s loves. I decided not to do a ‘what I got for my birthday’ post as it just feels a bit weird to list your presents. However, I am super excited about some of my pressies and I have been loving them so far. My first favourite is my new baby, my new laptop. Already it’s been used a lot and it’s just sooo lush. It is a HP envy laptop and is so pretty and lovely and- well its fab! Another pressie I’m so excited for is from my Auntie. She got me a makeover and voucher for Mac, which I’ve never tried before! I’m really excited to try some bits and have a makeover in store!

I have also been getting really into my scrapbook (not that I ever wasn’t) and am really excited to scrapbook my birthday celebrations. My best friend actually got me a really thoughtful gift which included so many great scrapbooking bits, so I cannot wait to use them and make everything look pretty!



So that’s the first Sunday Snapshot. It’s chatty, favourite-filled and lets you know a little more about me. If you have liked this, then please let me know, and if you have any other thoughts then it would be really cool if you could share them! Thanks so so much for reading and I hope your Sundays are amazing, 
Find me on...