Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Friday 11 December 2015

Clothes Show Live 2015

Hey everyone. So on Tuesday, it was time for my annual trip to the Clothes Show Live at the Birmingham NEC. I thought I would share my thoughts on the day and the some things that I bought!



I go to the Clothes Show Live every year as part of a textiles trip with school. I go with my best friend and it is literally one of my favourite days of the year. If you don’t know what the Clothes Show is, it is basically a clothes convention which involves a catwalk show and a hugely shopping market.

The show this year was amazing. It is always a great performance, with great fashion, music and dance involved in it, but this years was one of my favourites. The themes included ‘red’, ‘earth’, ‘future’, ‘and ‘rebel’and‘pure’.

Along with the show, I had a good time in the market. Disappointingly, unlike last year there was no Ciate stand and many of the stands were similar to the ones I’d seen in previous years. Miraculously, I spent a record amount of only around £15! I bought some gifts, which included a wooden cat ornament and two silver embossed letters, and some bits for me- a bracelet and a bobble hat.

We also attended a fashion seminar which was an interview session between a fashion illustrator and designer, a leader of a body confidence charity and an owner of a brand of knitwear stocked in Topshop. I found the talk really interesting and motivational, and, especially if you are interested in a career in the industry, I would say it’s worth going to!

The Clothes Show was a full on day- as always- but it was incredible. Sadly, as I don’t plan to do textiles next year, it may also be my last visit to the show for a while.


If you have an interest in fashion or shopping, I think you would really enjoy the day. There are a lot of celebrities and sometimes meet-ups. It runs for a few days every December and I would really recommend it. Thanks for reading this post. I hope you have a festive Friday, much love,
Find me on...

No comments:

Post a Comment