Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Sunday 6 March 2016

How To Make Easy Easter Mini Egg Brownies

Hi everyone. So this post is actually pre-written. I made these brownies back in February, as mini eggs had just got into the shops and I had to get myself one, and I created this recipe. However, as I give up chocolate for lent, I decided to write up this post early and put it up at a more appropriate time. Without further a-do, this is how you make mini eggs brownies (PS you may be hungry after reading this!!).


To be honest, this is one of the simplest recipe and although my favourite triple chocolate recipe produces much more indulgent brownies, these are still yummy!

This recipe makes around 10 brownies, so to make more just double the quantities or whatever!
To begin, preheat your oven to 180 degrees.

Then mix together all the ingredients in this order, making sure you sieve the flour and coco to avoid getting any lumps!

200g caster sugar
112.5g butter, melted
30g cocoa powder
Half teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
112.5g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt


When this is done, like the picture, you will have a runny chocolatey goo. To create the Easter element, take half a bag of mini eggs and chop them up into small bits. My hope for this experiment was to have really colourful brownies, and sadly the eggs lose colour when cooked, but they still offer a nice chocolatey chip to the brownies and that special touch! However, you could add whatever extras you fancy- smarties, white chocolate, chocolate orange bits! Get creative!

Pour the mixture into a lined tin, deep enough for brownies. Pop this into the oven and let them bake for 25 minutes but make sure they seem cooked with the wooden stick trick (it should be clean when you pull it out!).


And that is it, now you have a plate of warm chocolate egg brownies, ready for Easter and ready for eating. I’m sorry to all of you, like I will be when this goes up, who are facing the no-chocolate challenge of Lent, but the sacrifice will be worth it!


I hope you’ve enjoyed this post! I love baking and enjoy doing the odd cooking post when I get the opportunity, what did you think of it!? Will you be trying out this indulgent treat? Thanks for reading, have a fab week, much love,  
Find me on...

No comments:

Post a Comment